7800 dn help and tips needed please

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by andy0t, Oct 6, 2013.

Tags:
  1. andy0t

andy0t Member

Hi guys,

Im based in England, Uk (Brand new to printing)

I have a xerox phaser 7800dn, and i am trying to print business cards. Firstly ill explain my process then the problem.

Basically i have the printer connected to my laptop via usb, any artwork files i have that need printing are done in ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR, i use a template for my business cards which is provided via MORGANA, (i manually copy andpaste my artwork ino the spaces, here is a link to the templates http://www.morgana.co.uk/products/cardxtra/ )

they are printed 20 up with mark, the material i print on is 350 gsm gloss/silk/matt, and once one side is printed i must take it out and reinsert it to print the second side.

Here is the problem //////

The print is not aligned correctly, the first side seems to be fine but once the second side is printed and i hold them up to a strong light their is a 5MM difference / overlap which results in a white gap on the top of the cards when cut out.(So i cant sell them)

I have used the xerox softae alignment to no avail

I have cleaned the printer

I have even measured precisely how i am re loading the paper to see if that was the problem to no avail

I don't use any other software apart from what i mentioned, is there any software i should be using that could help?

All suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

2. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

Your printer is not perfect aligned for lead edge - trail edge or/and inboard - outboard edges.
    You can try to move up or down or/ and right or left the second page face in Adobe Illustrator so you can match the first side of the print.

Or you can try to do a perfect alignment for prints, using printer service and diagnostic menus, but it is a sisif work

3. andy0t

andy0t Member

ok

I will try your tip and let you know if it works, have you experienced this before and do you have any other techniques?

4. adriansto

adriansto Senior Member

You can use this 'technique' on every printer. A very few printers have a good registration alignment for duplex printing even you use manual duplex. If you want to tweak your printer I have the service manual for it. My mail is stoadis@gmail.com

5. andy0t

andy0t Member

hi adriansto,

i have emailed you just now.

andy

6. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Is the 5mm offset consistent from the right side to the left side of the sheet?

7. andy0t

andy0t Member

hi

hi,

the sheets are printed horizontally but the 5mm problem is "vertical"

8. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

How much bleed does each card have?
    With some trial and error it should be possible to get the alignment so that a 1/8" (3mm) bleed takes care of the misalignment.
    Depending on the stock and whether you're also getting rotation/skew, possibly the bleed could be increased to 1/4" (6mm) so that no white appears. This isn't ideal but it's workable on many designs and I've had to go to 1/4" bleeds it to make things work without tearing my hair out on printers in the past printing from weak bypass trays where the guides are less than solid.

9. andy0t

andy0t Member

Hi,

Thanks for your tips xfactor. Sorry for my late delay.

I have solved the problem, i just downloaded some imposition software and that did the trick. :)

10. urbanprint

urbanprint New Member

Hi andy0t,

I have a similar issue with my 7800, while trying to print business cards.

Can you please tell me what imposition software did you use?

Thank you in advance.