4 colour Heidelberg vs Komori

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by bek, Jul 1, 2016.

1. bek

bek Member

Hi,

We would like to purchase 4 color B1 offset press. Which press do you suggest Heidelberg or Komori?

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

komori vs HD

Are you looking for new or used press.
    what kind of jobs do you print and at what volium?
    both presses have good sides and bad sides , and could be suitable well for different printers.
    give us some more details so we can help you/

3. bek

bek Member

Sorry for a late reply, I had to wait my boss to get the answer to the second question. So, we are looking for a new press. We will print on shopping bag, package, bag, box, label paper. paper weight 70-300(350)gr. 70-80000 sheets a day.

4. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Heidelberg XL 106 or CD102
    or a
    KBA 106.

5. bek

bek Member

Asif Qazi, why do you think Heidelberg would be a better choice?

6. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Because I worked on Heidelbergs and you can print any substrate from thin paper to heavy board through the CD or XL.
    Heidelberg has a very reliable alcolor dampening system and its very easy to understand.
    Best thing about these presses is the transfer cylinder system, You get almost no marking on sheets. This helps really in heavy board.
    I don't know much about the Komori but as far as i know older komori presses had the transfer cylinder system that is prone to marking, Meny can advise you better on Komori.
    As far as print quality is concerned, both presses produce top quality.
    If I had a choice to make I would definitely go for the Heidelberg.
    In our country there have been quite a few new installations of KBA Rapida and I'm quite amazed with the performance and print quality.

7. bek

bek Member

Thanks for the info.

8. Meny

Meny Senior Member

both mskes make good presses that cost alot.
    any printer around the world will give you his opinion according to what he knows - the press he operates.
    it all comes down to the jobs you have and the printer that will stand by the press.
    I think Komori are better presses but the people who make them are very hard to understand.... Jap's.
    What kind of service is best in your area ?
    this will be one of the main factors i think as you are not in the center of the world and service could be a problem.
    good luck

9. bek

bek Member

We do not have press manufacturers' service in my country. I agree this is one of the main problems all printers have here.

"I think Komori are better presses but the people who make them are very hard to understand.... Jap's."

You mean there would be a problem to get service?

10. Meny

Meny Senior Member

If you have no service in your country , you can still do almost everything on the press without special knowledge or tools.
    With the new HD presses it is more of a problem , you must have qualified service person or your press will stand more then print.
    The Komori presses are easier to service , ans need less parts , but you must work by the book !!!
    If i had to make a choice , i would go for the Komori press , if price is the same. i thimk it will pay off in the long run and give a better quality output at less effort

11. bek

bek Member

Our operators stand by Ryobi 924 we have. Do you think they will manage with Komori?

12. Meny

Meny Senior Member

if your printers are able to get good quality from the Ryobi , they will love the Komori.
    keep in mind the press is not very tollerant , but it prints very high quality at remarcable speed and production rates.

13. bek

bek Member

Thanks for the info. In your country there are more Heidelberg or Komori presses?

14. Meny

Meny Senior Member

in my country it is 90% Heidelberg , 5% Komori and all the other options are 5%.
    The Heidelberg presses need alot of service & parts while the Komori presses need much less , as long as the operators keep the instructions by the book.

15. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

In my country the Heidelberg is dominating the market and service and parts are not a problem here. Any press that you buy, if properly maintained and you do the scheduled maintenance, down times are very rare. Electronics are a totally different issue, one electronic board goes faulty and you can be down for a couple of weeks.

16. bek

bek Member

ok. Thanks for note.

17. bek

bek Member

I understand. Thank you for note.