34DI Chiller problems

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by Ron G, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Ron G

Ron G Member

I have a technotrans chiller on the 34 DI press and with the chiller off i am showing 1.6 bars when i turn the chiller on it is showing 4+ but when it gets to that point right after 4 bars the chiller shuts off, now this press does not run everyday and is shut off during that time, so this time i started it up and it does not stay running
    any ideas out there?? i have checked all the breakers inside the panel and also the fuses. Could it be one of the 2 pumps?? im lost with lots of work to do.

thanks

Ron

2. PrintIndy

PrintIndy New Member

Ron i found if the pressure gauges do not reach the 5 bar at least the chiller wil not stay running. I doubt the pumps have failed if they kick on initially. i would ad more coolant and try to remove any air that maybe in the system and get as close to the 2 bar on the gauge when powered off.

good luck,
    Printindy

3. Ron G

Ron G Member

Printindy,
    thank you for the response, I started out at about 1.8 bar and I am sure there is still air in the line.
    I am getting a new pump today because the one we have has a hard time pushing more water in.
    again thank you I will let you know.