3302 ink build up

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Knelson, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Knelson

Knelson Member

Running 3302 with 5 roller Crestlines and the ink keeps building up on the pan roller, Pressures are correct , using silver poly fountain solution 4oz. to gallon also tried pro 3 solution same problem??

2. saso777

saso777 Senior Member

3. jmt

jmt Senior Member

i have only run heidelbergs presses but we would get this problem when the pans rollers are not cleaned at the end of shift or they are getting old .they would become receptive to ink build up .we have to clean them with meter roller cleaner to prevent it from building up.

4. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

Try using less foutain solution I use 1oz supermeg 220 to a gallon of water I run a 3302 also with the crestline some build up of ink on the edges is normal. Is your pan roller a dull shine when clean or glossy the dull matte shine is what your lookin for. If its a glossy shine you need to clean it with a bristle sponge and I use comet(not Ajax because it contains calcium bicarbonate which is the problem in the first place,builds up on rollers) cleaner scrub down real good with water and that as a paste, till you get that dull shine then you should be good to go

5. abbeeT

abbeeT New Member

Sorry to jump on this post, but was wondering if Ziggy33 offer of townsend T51 manual is still valid. I would love to get a copy.

Can you also help me with some info on an AB Dick 9810? Is max sheet size length 18 or 17-3/4? I want to run a 12x18 sheet. Can the paper plates be used on the AB Dick 9810? I have the opportunity to get an AB Dick 9810 just never used the paper plates.

6. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

what year is your Thead? My opinion on paper plates is don't use em ever! I use to have them they give you way more trouble then its worth I stick to aluminum grain plates. The 9810 is a good machine pretty basic, you can send a 12 by 18 sheet thru although your printing area won't be that large so if your image fits in 11 by 17 you should be good i believe the max printing area is 11 1/4 by 17 1/2 it may be a little larger i would have to check on that

7. abbeeT

abbeeT New Member

Thank you! New thread 2012, but may have referenced an older thread.

8. ryobiman63

ryobiman63 Member

I deal with build up on most jobs when mainly long ,runs, and I just take an ink knife and gently run it across the the enamel roller under the metering roller. It's not a perfect science, so I adapt. I can all day long with that procedure