3302 and diamond dampening

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by emet, Dec 19, 2017.

1. emet

emet Member

Anyone any experience with a 3302 with diamond dampening. How is it compared to crestline. Looking to get a 3302 and want to know which is better, or if it does not matter.

2. printerdan

printerdan Member

I used the Diamond dampener on a 3302 for 15+ years. I'm surprised to hear it is still available. I considered it fantastic but eventually replaced it for the 5 roller Altra Crestline. I'm going to guess that Crestlines outsold Diamonds in my region 20 to 1. On the occasions when I wanted help neither the service techs I had available nor any operator anywhere were familiar with them.
    Look at the cost of replacing the rollers. I cannot recall if there were 2 or 3 (rubber) rollers subject to wear. I do recall I would occasionally skip replacing one of them. The form is significantly larger than other dampening forms and I'm thinking it's cost usually made me choke; hence, skipping the replacement of other rolls.
    Both systems can do great work, but I would advise you look at the cost of full roller replacement which is necessary on a periodic basis. The dealer offering the units should be able to quote roller cost.

3. Ryobi Press Parts

Ryobi Press Parts Member

We sell rollers for both, I would personally stay away from Diamond though, the rollers are expensive and typically have to be made to order, we keep all of the Crestline in stock in our warehouse in Indianapolis. We price match anybody out there that sells rollers, plus when you purchase from us you get "after the sale service" for free as long as you purchase from us. We recently picked up a brand new set of Altra Crestlines for the 3302M, 9985 & 3985 press. brand new in the box. Find us here at www.ryobipressparts.com

4. NATIONWIDE PARTS ROLLER CO

NATIONWIDE PARTS ROLLER CO New Member

Diamond was a good unit although the rollers are still available it is very difficult to get the mechanical parts if at all. We currently stock the crestline rollers and the prices are much better www.rollerdeals.com