3200 MCD Idler gears

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by InTheSticks, Sep 15, 2020.

1. InTheSticks

InTheSticks New Member

I have a 3200MCD and it is making the dreaded popping noise. Obviously it is the Idler gears that drive the 3 plate cam from the delivery chain gear (the bushings are wore out and letting the cam move on it's own when you rotate the press by hand). The question is does anyone know how to change the gears and studs out easily? The best I can tell the whole chain delivery has to come out to allow the studs and gears to come out. Or is there a easier way that I am just not seeing?

2. InTheSticks

InTheSticks New Member

In case anyone was wondering, I managed to get the gears changed out. I have a old 2800 for a parts press that let me learn how to take the gears out LOL. was not a fun job that is for sure! If you ever attempt these be sure to mark the timing of where the gripper bar sits in the big chain gear and mark that gear to the impression cyl. makes for a easier time lining that timing back up when you put the chain and gripper bars back on. As of now it seems to run and feed and goes on impression. I will know more later this week when I have to print some jobs on that press.