3050 duplexer belt change

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by White rabbit, Oct 21, 2017.

1. White rabbit

White rabbit Member

Has anyone replaced the belts in the duplexer ? How long did it take, and how difficult ?
    Thanks.

2. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Yes a few times. It's not bad. Remove the duplex conveyor from the press and set on a large clean work area. Keep things organised. Hour or so for me. Techs do them in 30 min normally. It's also a good time to clean all the crap and paper dust from the unit too. My press is a 5600 but the old 3500 we had was pretty much the same. Having a level 2 manual helps explain and show procedures. You'll need the "go-no go" jig to adjust it once it's back in. Do you have that jig and manual?

3. White rabbit

White rabbit Member

I have a manual, but i dont think it is the one you speak of. I dont have the jig either. Can you give me the thickness of it ?

4. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Jig is sort of a J shape on each end. It measures the gap distance with some extra play. Can snap a pic at work tomorrow and post a pic then unless someone has one sooner. The manual would be from the level 2 training class. If I have a spare I'll send it to you. Possibly a spare jig too. Hang tight everything is at work. Let me see what I have stashed away. Will update tomorrow.

White rabbit likes this.

5. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Here's a quick pic of the jig and L1 manual. Will be in touch later with belt change info.

Attached Files: