2c pm 2004 perfector error

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by jmt, Aug 31, 2010.

1. jmt

jmt Senior Member

getting error p20 and p21 basically saying a misalignement of perfector. we have had this error before and could clear it by going back into straight printing manualy and rotating press 360 and shut down. but this time the error wont clear the sensor has been clean the segmented gear is in right postion and the storage drum is lined up right .we can rotate press 360 with no resistence.we have had this before and had to have a sercive man come in to fix .the only way he got it to work was to clear the memory .wondering if any one knows how to do that.

2. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

The errors you are getting P20=dynamic allocation error, P21=set perfector manually back to straight printing. You can acknowledge these error without erasing the memory, in fact you should NEVER erase memory in any machine 2000 or newer. To acknowlege this error please follow steps listed below. Make sure the press is in straight printing before performing this procedure.

1. Press the Selection menu button
    2. Press the numeric key that is displayed beneath the related icon to select the perfector setup menu from the selection menu.
    The perfector setup menu appears.
    3. Press the register zero button. The error has now been acknowledged and all should be ok.

3. jmt

jmt Senior Member

ty for the help i did manage to get the errors to clear after a few times of rolling press over and shuting down .i will give your way a try next time since it seems we get theses errors once or twice every few months.

4. Nico Coetzee

Nico Coetzee New Member

Good day we get the same p20 p21 error on our printing press pm74 even if i manually move the the press into straight printing I can't clear the error because it wont allow me to set to zero the icon is highlighted black