252 Repeating Magenta Dots

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by opoloc, Sep 28, 2012.

1. opoloc

opoloc New Member

I'm new here. Great forum!
    I have a Docucolor 252 with a reoccuring magenta dot.
    Repeats every 1.75" or 44mm about 2.30" from the bottom of an 8.5" x 11" sheet. Anyone know what part this is coming from and is it typically a dot I can carefully remove or not.

Thanks

2. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Open the drum drawer and swap the cyan and magenta drum. Does the dot follow the drum to become a cyan dot?

The nice thing about this printer is that the color drums are interchangeable and easily to swap to troubleshoot by simply lifting up by the two round handles. Don't let anything touch the green drum when they're out and don't expose them to light for any more time than is necessary; keep it under a minute or put them in the foil bag.

3. opoloc

opoloc New Member

Thanks for the tip Jeff. I knew that from my 7750 but I forgot to try it with this.

I did solve the problem. I didn't think it could be the drum because the repetition was too frequent. When I took out the magenta drum I notice the PCR roller which is in each drum cartridge. It had a tiny spec of debris on it. I carefully removed the debris and presto, repeating dots are gone. Love a free fix.

4. Jeff

Jeff Senior Member

Thanks for posting the followup and glad you got it fixed.
    I haven't cleaned the black roller in these drums much - towards the end of life I do notice that it sometimes gets dirty (white areas on the black drum) but it doesn't seem to affect print quality for me. When I first got the machine I tried to clean one that had a visible ring on it using a lint free cloth and I made the drum quality worse so I haven't done much with cleaning that roller.

5. Keshara Weerasinghe

Keshara Weerasinghe New Member

I’m new to this forum and I am very new to this field. I bought a used xerox workcentre 7530 and suddenly i realized there are small magenta dots only appearing at a corner of the page.
    Happens only if i use A3 from bypass tray. Can you please be kind enough to help me out?

Attached Files: