250g Gloss paper on IRC3200

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Ushinatta, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Ushinatta

Ushinatta New Member

I'm having a problem printing on a heavy (250 GSM) high gloss paper using a IRC3200.

In the black areas (mostly but not always) of my print I'm getting substantial amounts of banding (not out of registration, just lightness).

I've spoken to someone who suggested adjusting the gradation for heavy paper which I've tried to do but the printer won't accept paper from the stack bypass when I try to do this.

If I can get it to work, will this help? Or is this type of paper simply not suitable for this printer (to be specific, the paper is Silver Image Gloss 250 GSM)?

Thanks in advance.

2. Ushinatta

Ushinatta New Member

I finally resorted to getting the Canon people out. For anyone having the same problem, the solution turned out be a replacement part. The rollers, due to wear, had developed a flat spot and needed to changed out.

Hope this helps anyone else experiencing this problem, perhaps even on a different machine. Worn out rollers can cause banding. Sometimes you can tell they're worn down from the clicking sound they make as well.