20pt Cards with Silk Lam and Spot UV

Discussion in 'Internet Outsourcing Options & Experiences' started by 4over4, Sep 24, 2013.

1. 4over4

4over4 Member

I have been having a lot of customers ask for plastic cards with silk and spot UV. In one order I received there were a few with silk lam and spot UV on them. I contacted the company and they told me they do not produce them, even though they sent me some. I would like to find a trade printer that can produce these. Does anyone know a good trade printer that produces these?

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

4over does them, they have a plant in Florida but Silk is doone in CA at main plant, only thing that they are 16 pt cover not a 20pt. Most of my customers think it is plastic due to the way it feel and also it seems thicker than 16 pt because so many layers of ink and silk coating+Spot UV.
    The only way you may stay competitive is by finding a Gang printer and if you find anyone who gangs 20pt Business cards - I'd be interested as well.

3. 4over4

4over4 Member

I ordered some 20pt plastic social cards and mixed in were a couple 20pt plastic cards with silk and spot UV. The UV and Silk can be seen and felt and the card is 20pt plastic. I did recently get some social cards printed on 130# classic crest at a reasonable price from a trade printer in the Miami area, I can give you those details if you want.

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Please do - you can never have enough friend in this business and in general.
    Thank you.
    Roman.

5. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

4over does 20pt plastic cards in clear, frosted, or white under plastic cards in the menu, not under business cards. No coating options for me on the 20pt plastic. I might not have enough loyalty points there.

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Thanks Xfactor but I know that, I am at Admiral level, can't imagine who's butt I'd have to kiss to get in to President but I don't think they offer and fancy lamination with plastic cards yet plus print wears off on them. Silk with spot UV is the one most of my customers like unless strictly on the budget.

7. 4over4

4over4 Member

I will have to find another option. Thanks for your help.

8. 4over4

4over4 Member

UnlimitedBT I couldn't find a way to PM you but here is the trade printer that has helped me out with some tough jobs. fourcolorprinting.com

9. 4over4

4over4 Member

Are there any benefits to the different 4over loyalty levels?