2005 cd74 ink fountion motor

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by jmt, Apr 19, 2016.

1. jmt

jmt Senior Member

we have a bad ink fountain roller motor .was thinking of changing it are selves looks pretty easy in the parts books . I have change a sm 52 before .just wondering anything I should look out for or bring in a tech.

2. contractor

contractor Member

The motor itself is easy the hardest part is removing the drive side guard.Make sure the press is off before you connect the motor.

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Just and FYI, there is a pretty critical adjustment when installing the new motor. New motor if purchased from Heidelberg will come with the coupling that gets clamped to the fountain roller. The lateral positioning of this coupling is quite important since it will determine the lifespan of the motor. Motors with an incorrectly set coupling have a high failure rate. My suggestion is to precisely measure the old couplin, the distance from the side frame and make sure the new one goes on in exactly the same spot. Most of my customers have Heidelberg install the motors just to maintain the warranty on the new motors. If motor is not purchased from Heidelberg, no worries, just throw it on.