2000 CD 102 Console Issues

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Jeff Emory, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Jeff Emory

Jeff Emory New Member

Hi all,
    Just found this forum. Starting to get desperate, and hoping you all could help!! TIA!!

Just put our main motor back into the press. We started up, made a couple of pulls on a new job, then kaput. Everything acts like it is ready to go, but can't get it to turn over. Been on the phone with Heidelberg all day, but no solution as of yet. I'm sure this is not enough info, but any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeff

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Complete motor rebuild? Rewound? Did you reconnect, or motor shop? Was the brake checked out?

member 18943 likes this.
  3. Jeff Emory

Jeff Emory New Member

Thanks for the quick reply!! The motor shop said all it needed was a good cleaning. My guys reinstalled it. Ran some type of test, and now the motor shop is saying it needs to be rewound. Looking at 1 week plus being down.

Yeah, the brake is working fine. Anyone have a spare 2000 cd102 motor lying around!?!? LOL

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi attached is there how to measure Amps in a motors, for calculate the Amps
    in the same motor.
    Normally, there are 5 indications when a motor is in Short-circuits:
    1) Blown fuses 2) Increased heat 3) Low Voltage( measure with DMM) 4) High Amperage(use the Clamp meter as attached indicate) 5) Smoke.
    I am strong recommend you take out the Motor Belt, and run the motor in Idle, and take the measure Amps( with the Clamp meter) , and then Run the motor with the Bel, and measure the Amps ( with the Clamp meter) and Compare with the ID plate of Motor!! , and that way you will see if the motor is defective : Mechanical +Electrical.

Attached Files:

5. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hello Jeff,
    It lookes strange to me. I assume your press should have DC motor, so you are lucky in this case since it is not complicated as brushless motors. If CP2000 doesn't show any erros INIT or DYN test, I would say connections to main motor are fine. I don't believe the winding is damaged.
    I need to know the followings:
    1- Can you inch the press?
    2- Can you turn the press by crank handle?