1999 Komori Lithrone 528 5/c w aq coater

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by Minus 10, Mar 14, 2023.

1. Minus 10

Minus 10 New Member

Hello friends , I'm new to the group. but old to the business. I am hoping someone can help me with a technique to set inside forms (B&C) to the steels but I can't locate the locking nut or eccetric adustments, visually of them.. the sideframes are a disaster with dried up ink etc. ( I'm just getting on this machine so theres alot of work to do). I have a roller diagram as well as the steps to change out the rollers. but for now I just need to know how to change out rollers b and c . any pics or illustrations or ideas are appreciated.
    thanks -10

2. Raf77

Raf77 Senior Member

Did you sorted it or still need help?

3. Printman673

Printman673 Member

Seeing this thread is old I assume you found them, depending on the model euro/or US they are right on the side of they eccentric, if the press is in that bad of shape rent or invest in a dy ice spayer

4. Minus 10

Minus 10 New Member

Actually I do still need help. If I were to need to set the inside forms “ b and c “.to the steels. ( and I do ) I can’t locate the setting. I’ll be pulling rollers out to cleanup the side frames etc to locate the settings .. what advice would you give me ?

5. Raf77

Raf77 Senior Member

There are nuts (size 10 or 13 as I remember) right on the roller socket (eccentric). You must undo this nut and turn whole socket to set roller to oscillator. If you set rollers A and D you must know how to do it.

6. Printman673

Printman673 Member

The nut is a 13mm and it's right on the top of the journal, plus there will be a hole to fit an Allen or a pin wrench in to move it. May suggest to maybe spay with kroil and let it sit over night

7. alibryan

alibryan Senior Member

A long 13 mm and a long, thin pin-wrench that’s angled at the end is what works best. The pin wrenches are usually part of the tool box that’s included with the press. If you don’t have one of those you’ll need a stubby hex-key wrench because normal hex-keys are usually too long after the bend in the wrench to have any leverage once you get in there. There’s also limited movement with the eccentrics so if the rollers have shrunk too much you might have difficulty getting a proper stripe. Good luck.