1992 SM 102 FP PRINTING PRESSURE

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by youngBOSS, Apr 16, 2018.

1. youngBOSS

youngBOSS Member

Hello fellow engineers, I have finished installing a used 1992 SM 102 FP CPtronic and machine is running fine. But adjustment of the printing pressure does not appear on control console display (ZID). Please any ideas as to resolving this problem?

Attached Files:

2. mantman

mantman Senior Member

I think it`s in the 5th button -press unit options- and there should be another for thickness

3. youngBOSS

youngBOSS Member

Thanks a lot for your attention. I have tried that, but the icons and readings do not appear at all.

4. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

What are the pot readouts in the SSK display?

5. youngBOSS

youngBOSS Member

At the zero (0) position, all five units are reading approximately 490. I have replaced the SSK too but problem still exists.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Odd. Adjustment range should be 654 +/-8 to 3436 +/-8. That they're all reading @490 at mechanical 0 would lead me to start with disconnecting a motor and pot, verify that the cross shaft isn't mechanically bound up, recalibrate to mechanical 0, and set pot to 1234 +/-8. Better yet, do this with a new pot, and verify motor is functioning.

7. youngBOSS

youngBOSS Member

Thanks so much for the information. I will try this setting and get back to you about the results.

8. youngBOSS

youngBOSS Member

I am grateful for your input of ideas in solving my problem. It's sorted out now. Apart from the necessary adjustment of the pots, I also found out other motors and pots were disconnected from the SSK. Once all these have been done, the adjustment of printing pressure is appearing.