Pressman

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Artimusg, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Artimusg

Artimusg Member

We have been running into a challenge with our 4 color process building purple. It seems all other 4 color work we can run to standard densities. But when it comes to a,purple build we have to jack our magenta, and cyan around, sometimes 20 points off standard. Is this a possible tack issue between the I is? Any help wold be Great!

2. fmcpherson

fmcpherson New Member

purple trouble

First off Purple is one of the most difficult colors to consistently hit. Even a 2-3% shift in density can noticeably change the color. K, C, M, Y should be the correct color order. This also sounds like it could be a calibration issue. Make sure that the RIP is providing the correct amount of dot gain. You would have to run a calibration test. What press are you running?

3. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

What press are you running I can run purple all day no color bars, I would check your dot gain make sure its correct sounds like your gain is too low so your trying to make up for it by over inking

Also there is no correct color order!
    its all on the operator I run KYMC sometimes its MCKY all depends on coverage

4. DanRemaley

DanRemaley Senior Member

Actually there is a 'correct' color order - it's CMY black can be first or last. If you print MCY the "reds" will suffer, because of the cyan between M/Y.
    Purple is the hardest color to print because the C/M values are at or near 50% - right where the biggest change takes place on press.
    dan

5. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

Is it not possible to spot colour your purple, yes I know it's an extra colour but it might save you a lot of grief?