how often do you change your docucolor 250 developer

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by xfactor printing, Apr 14, 2011.

1. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

How often do you have to change your xerox docucolor 250 developer (despite the trickle charge system) to maintain optimal print quality?

2. easiprint

easiprint Member

Depends on your print volumes I suppose. On our DC250 we find the black and magenta get changed about every six months, whilst the cyan and yellow about every 12 months. We do a lot of full coverage work so that may make a difference.

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Thank you very much for the reply easiprint.

If I could ask, what's your typical volume of color prints every 6 months?

Not sure how much quality I should be demanding or how far off I should allow my calibration curves to get before requesting a developer change.

4. easiprint

easiprint Member

We average about 30,000 a month so 6 months would be between 150,000 and 200,000 colour clicks

5. xeroxparts

xeroxparts Member

Xerox state 1.5m (Developer Motor on-time converted to PV), then replace developer and developer housing kit, if a techie can convert this to SRA3 sheets then you've got the "Xerox" quoted option. I would say every 200,000 sra3's at cost of £240 for developer set and only change the developer housings if needed is a good option to keep your machine running tip top on quality and colour, at the end of the day, the colour drums are the important factor, rubbish drums, rubbish print.

6. Xentair

Xentair Member

It's good advice on the post above, but the rule of thumb is that when you are not happy with the quality of the print do some investigations first to determine where the degradation of the quality is coming from. Replacing the devs is an easy job and it will improve the density of the print but a good clean of the ROS assemblies and drum area will also need to be done to get the full effect.

You can find all of the parts you will need on the link below.

http://www.xentair.com/categories/Parts/DocuColor%E2%84%A2/240-%252d-250/Developer-Parts/