Canon C700 Maximum thickness of stock

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Darwin, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Darwin

Darwin New Member

My C700 is on its way and before it gets here I would like to know if any C700 or C800 owners out there can tell me if you can run 300 gsm (14pt) stock (as the brochure claims) through the drawer and at what speed? Thanks

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Sir, Canon C700 comes up a photocamera on google, are you sure you stated correct model?
    Try searching for "your machine make and model specifications or brochure" on google, it will, most likely provide you with info you're asking about.
    Wait, you said that machine is on it's way, you purchased it without seeing the specs and making sure it suits your needs?

3. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I think he's talking about an imagepress C700: https://csa.canon.com/online/portal...s/imagepress+c800+-+c700/imagepress+c800+c700

If so, the website says:
    Cassette 14 lb. Bond to 80 lb. Cover (52 to 220g/m2)
    Bypass (Optional): 14 lb. Bond to 110 lb. Cover (52 to 300g/m2)

In every machine I've had (I don't have a C700) I've always fed 300 gsm from either the bypass feed or an external feeder that feeds straight into the machine (and not doing the 90 degree turns the cassettes need to send the paper thru)

4. Darwin

Darwin New Member

Sorry, I don't know why Canon has two products named C700, but mine is the imagePress and I've corrected the post.

5. Darwin

Darwin New Member

Thanks xfactor, that's what we do with our 9065 pro Advance and Xerox 7345, but we hoped the new imagePress 70 per minute would be more friendly. The 6010S does work from the drawer.