Press Purchase Information

Discussion in 'UV' started by manishbjain, Jan 24, 2016.

1. manishbjain

manishbjain New Member

Hello,

I am basically into Label Business. I currently source my requirements from a couple of flexo printers but their service is not reliable and hence am looking to get into printing. But the fact is I want to invest minimum and have the following factors that I need to consider.

1. I would need to print on metallic sticker sheets, so I would need the press to be capable of printing with UV inks and also UV Curing.

2. The press size should be smallest possible coz I would be printing smaller sizes as that would help me in die punching coz if print in bigger sheets, I have to cut them down and then do the punching, due to which I loose the exact registration and hence I face the problem in punching. Also , It would help me with my budget.

3. I need a single colour press coz that is only what my budget would allow me. But I have a few doubts , Do we face problems with registration when we print four colours with single presses. Is it possible to achieve accurate registration and If Yes, Is it difficult or not much.

4. The Quality of the printing has to be good. The resolution and stuff.

Can anyone help me with the sort of press that I should go for.

2. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Registration of a multicolor job will be an issue if you buy a single color press, because the heat from the uv dryer will affect the dimensional stability of the board or a pvc substrate.

3. AKJ

AKJ Member