Ricoh Pro C7100 - Feedback?

Discussion in 'Ricoh Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by wagsgraphx, Jul 14, 2015.

1. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

Looking at the Ricoh Pro C7100, currently running the Xerox 800. Anybody have feedback on this machine or other Ricoh "Color Presses" in general? Reliability? Service Response?

2. GCurtiss

GCurtiss Member

Hi Wagsgraphx,
    My point of view is not exactly impartial since I work for Ricoh but I can tell you what my customers tell me about their new 7100/7110's. I have close to 20 customers using this new machine with some users over 1m clicks of 12 x 18 sheets or larger. Many of these customers are former Xerox customers or are running their new machines side by side with Xerox 800/1000 or as a replacement for an old one. CMYK toner sheen is less glossy than 800 but more glossy than the flat look of the Versant 2100. Folded and creased sheets show less cracking and chipping effect on 7110 vs 800. This Ricoh model has very small toner particles (4.8 microns), my customers say that when they cut their printed sheets there is less wear and tear on the blade. Clear toner on 7100/7110 demonstrates higher gloss effect vs 800. Textured stocks like linens and stippled stocks print much better on the 7100/7110. The new vacuum feed system seems to offer a wider range of stocks and media that run more reliably than what they are used to. Many customers using the high capacity banner sheet tray which allows max of 13 x 27.5" sheets. We are experiencing higher copies between calls ratios than originally expected. Hope this helps.

3. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

Thanks for your reply. So you're saying that the 7100 has good adhesion to the sheet? Are any of your customers running the 9600? Isn't that your model that is made to compete against the iGen4? Does that machine use fuser oil? How is the adhesion to the sheet? And doesn't that machine print with a matte finish?

4. GCurtiss

GCurtiss Member

Yes the 7100/7110 is engineered to work well with textured stocks up to 360 g/sm. I'm not aware of any product in this class that has better results. It has a special fuser assembly and several other innovative technologies that allow very good adhesion and penetration of toner onto rough stocks.

The new model is called 9100/9110. Just released here in Canada. The 91xx model runs 110/130 PPM up to 400g/sm with no loss of productivity due to media weight. This product produces great results on linens, stippled stock and even felts. No fuser oil is required in either of these products. Finish for both machines is in the middle between the matte finish of a Versant 2100 and the glossier finish of the Konica Minolta 1100. The 91xx is built to produce 60+million lifetime impressions.

Maximum sheet size for both engines is 13 x 27.5" (from drawer not bypass).

Almost forgot to mention. My customers did some testing of creasing/scoring and cutting of sheets produced on the Xerox 800 and compared to our 7100. There was a noticeable difference between the two machines. The smaller toner of the 7100 seems to be much more resistant to chipping and cracking when folded and the customer reported the Ricoh sheets seemed to be easier on his cutting blade.

5. wagsgraphx

wagsgraphx Member

Thanks for the reply.