Epson Stylus Pro 4800 vs. Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5000 cost per print

Discussion in 'Medium Format Inkjet Printers' started by SM-Printer, Jul 20, 2006.

1. SM-Printer

SM-Printer Member

How does the cost per print for high coverage 13 x 19 photographs printed on the new 12-color Canon imagePROGRAF iPF5000 compare with the 8-color benchmark Epson 4800 using 220 ml cartridges?

2. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

Take a look at the Luminous Landscape review: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/canon-ipf5000.shtml (also nice to see them side by side in the photo :))

That review states that the ink cost for an 11x17 is only 48 cents on the canon, but even adding 10% for nozzle cleans, etc. this figure seems unbelievably low to me as a long time epson user :confused:

3. Color Printing Forum Admin

4. Color Printing Forum Admin

5. Adam Mertzer

Adam Mertzer New Member

ipF5000 cost per print with example prints

Here is an extremely good cost per print comparison that I saved a while back showing a thumbnail of the actual sample so you can get a sense of actual ink coverage and corresponding cost per print.

These either came from canon, a canon dealer site, or the canon iPF5000 wiki but I cannot locate it on the web now using google so I'll post it here as an attachment. Hope this is helpful.

Attached Files: